Ginger Sandwich Cookies
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3 tbsp Boiling Water
- 2-1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Margarine
- 3 tbsp Boiling water
- 4-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 2-1/2 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tbsp Margarine
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 cup White Sugar
- In a medium bowl, cream together margarine and white sugar.
- Beat in the egg and molasses until well blended both.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water; stir into the egg and molasses mixture.
- Later, mix in the flour to make dough.
- Cover and allow it to chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll the dough out to considerable thickness.
- Cut into circles.
- Put cookies 1 inch apart onto cookie sheets (un- greased).
- Bake for ten minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let cookies to cool entirely before sandwiching.
- Frost cookies (frost) and put a cookie with the center hole on top.
- To prepare the frosting: Beat margarine and water altogether.
- Blend in the salt and ginger.
- Bit by bit; beat in the confectioners' sugar until the required consistency is accomplished.
- Sandwich in between cooled cookies.