Bergen Fish Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2-3 small Cod/ Pollock (firm fleshed white fish)
- 1 quart Water
- ½ Celery Root
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Leek
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- Chives (as needed)
- Combine fish and water in a large pot. Boil the water.
- Simmer for ½ hour and filter the stock through cheesecloth thereafter.
- Chop celery root, carrot and leek into small pieces.
- Add them to the filtered stock and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the stock and place them aside.
- Place a heavy pan on heat and melt butter.
- Add flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the stock to the flour, stirring constantly. Cook till the mixture is well blended and smooth.
- Combine egg and sour cream in a warm bowl.
- Add a little soup to this mixture. Stir well.
- Continue adding up to 1 cup of the soup to the egg-sour cream mixture.
- Add this mixture back to the soup and heat through. But, do not boil.
- Add the reserved vegetables back to the soup.
- Ladle soup into soup bowls and top with chopped chives.
- Serve hot.