- 5 medium Raw Mangoes (Kairi) (peeled and cut into pieces)
- Salt to taste
- 5 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 1/2 tsp Onion Seeds (Kalonji)
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- In a pan, boil five cups of water and add salt, turmeric powder, half the sugar, mango pieces and blanch till done. Drain the mangoes and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds and asafetida and allow it to splutter.
- Add the mango pieces to the spices and adjust seasoning and sugar as required.
- Cook for some time and remove the pan from heat.
- Serve immediately.