Apple And Onion Pickle
- 8 Apples (sliced)
- 10 Shallots (peeled)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp dry Ginger Powder (Saunth)
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 10-12 Cloves
- 10-12 Black Peppercorns
- In a bowl, arrange layers of sliced apple, sprinkling each layer with salt and leave it for twenty minutes before draining it thoroughly.
- In a blender, blend together turmeric powder, mustard seeds, dry ginger powder and two teaspoons of vinegar.
- In a non-stick pan, take the remaining vinegar and add sugar, cloves, black peppercorns and shallots and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the paste and cook for ten minutes.
- Now, add the apples and cook for another twenty minutes till the apples are done.
- Store it in a sterilized glass or porcelain bottle.