- 10 Potatoes
- ¾ cup fresh Curd
- 2 Onions (grated)
- 2 tsp Cumin (powdered)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup Green Peas (boiled)
- 2 tbsp fresh Cream
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Salt (to taste)
Ground into a paste
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 4 Cloves
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds (khus-khus)
- 1½" piece Ginger (12 mm)
- 2 Green Chiles
- 2 Cardamoms
- Peel the potatoes and prick them with a toothpick.
- Thereafter, soak the potatoes in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from water and mix with curd and salt. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Heat ghee in a large pot.
- Add onions and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste and fry for another 1 minute.
- Add cumin powder, chili powder and turmeric powder. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add the potatoes along with the mixture.
- Pour 2 cups of water and stir to mix.
- Cover the pot and cook till the potatoes turn soft.
- Add green peas, cream and sugar.
- Serve hot with Indian roti or steamed rice.