Shahi Kaju Aloo
- 300 g Potatoes
- 4 tbsp Cashew Nuts (soaked in ¼ cup water)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- ½ tsp Black Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Bay Leaf
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- A pinch of Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- ¼ cup Curd (beaten)
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Water
- Oil (for frying)
- Wash the potatoes well and chop them into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the potato cubes till they turn deep golden brown. Remove and set them aside.
- Grind cashew nuts, ginger and garlic into a fine paste in a food processor.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add bay leaf and black cumin seeds. Stir fry for 30 seconds till the cumin seeds stop spluttering.
- Add onions and cook on low flame till they turn soft. Do not let the onions turn brown.
- Add turmeric and garam masala. Mix well.
- Add the cashew paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add curd and stir till the water evaporates.
- Add milk and water to form gravy.
- Boil the mixture and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add potato cubes and coriander leaves to the gravy.
- Simmer the mixture on low flame, till the gravy thickens and coats the potato cubes well.
- Serve hot with naan or paranthas.