- 1 1 kg Chicken (cut to ½ inch piece)
- 2 medium Raw Mangoes
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 4-5 Cloves
- ½ tbsp Ginger Paste
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- ½ tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Green Chili Paste
- 2 medium Onion (Sliced)
- ½ bunch fresh Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- Peel and cut the mangoes into small pieces and puree half of the pieces.
- Marinade the chicken in a bowl with half ginger paste, half garlic paste, salt, half of garam masala powder, half of the green chili paste and pureed mango for about an hour.
- Put a coal over the gas flame and when it turns red hot, place it in a bowl in the centre of the marinated chicken.
- Place few cloves over it and pour 1 tbsp of oil on it and cover it with a lid immediately, and let it stand for few minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok. Add in onions and sauté till translucent. Now add the remaining ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili paste and sauté them together for 2 min.
- Add in the marinated chicken, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, remaining garam masala powder and raw mango pieces. Stir them well for the masala to coat the chicken pieces evenly.
- Cook it over high heat for few minutes. Add chopped coriander leaves and a little water and adjust salt.
- Cover and cook till done and serve hot.