Sweet Chilli Chutney
- 25-30 Kashmiri Red Chillies (slit and deseeded)
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger (chopped)
- 15-20 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- Soak the Kashmiri red chillies in vinegar for about half an hour and then grind it into a smooth paste.
- In a pan take half a cup of water and sugar and cook till sugar melts completely.
- Add chilli paste to the sugar syrup and mix and allow it to cook in medium flame for a while.
- In another pan, heat oil and lightly sauté ginger and garlic in it.
- Add salt and black salt to the red chilli mixture and mix well.
- Now add the sautéed ginger-garlic to the mixture and mix again.
- Add crushed roasted cumin seeds and a little water and cook for some more time.
- Remove from heat and cool before storing it in sterilized bottles.