Sweet Mango Chutney
- 900 g Mango (slightly under ripe, peeled, thinly sliced)
- 900 g Sugar
- 1-2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger (chopped)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, take some water and cook the mango till soft.
- Add sugar to the mangoes and mix well.
- In a muslin cloth, take garlic, ginger, red chilli powder and garam masala powder and tie it loosely and place it in the pan.
- Cook the mangoes till it achieves jam like consistency.
- Now add vinegar and salt to the mangoes and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove from heat and take out the spice bag from the chutney.
- Allow it to cool before storing it in sterilized glass bottles.