Finnish Butter Cookies
- ¾ cup Butter (softened)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg White
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/3 cup Almonds (ground)
- Mix butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream them.
- Add in almond extract and stir well.
- Add 1¼ cups of flour and mix well.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup flour and knead the mixture to form dough.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Lightly flour a flat surface.
- Turn out the dough onto the floured surface and roll it into ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut into cookies using a small cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on ungreased baking sheets.
- Beat the egg white till it turns foamy.
- Baste the cookies with egg white.
- Sprinkle sugar and almonds.
- Bake the cookies at 350 °F (175 °C) for 7 to 8 minutes till they are lightly browned.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.