Finnish Blueberry Pie
|Calories Per Serving:
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- ¾ cup Butter (softened)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 pints fresh Blueberries
- ½ cup White Sugar (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Line a parchment paper in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Combine ¾ cup white sugar with butter. Beat the mixture till it is smooth and creamy.
- Add baking powder.
- Add flour, ½ cup at a time alternating with a few tablespoons of milk at a time.
- Mix well till the ingredients are well blended.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan and create a raised edge of dough around the dish.
- Combine blueberries with ½ cup sugar. Mix well mashing the berries using a potato masher.
- Spread the blueberry mixture evenly over the dough.
- Bake the pie for 15 to 25 minutes till the crust has turned light brown and the filling is thick and bubbly.