Teekha Nimbu Achar
- 6 large Lemons (quartered and seeded)
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 inch piece Ginger (crushed)
- 8 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Roasted Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Roasted Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 Star Anise (roasted)
- In a large bowl, take the lemons and sprinkle salt over it. Cover it and leave it for a day.
- Next day, toss in the lemons in the juice.
- In a small pan take four quarters of salted lemons and wring out the juice.
- Add sugar, ginger and three tablespoons of water to it and cook in low heat, till the sugar melts.
- Add the green chillies and red chilli powder and cook for another one minute.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Add the roasted mustard seeds, roasted fenugreek seeds and star anise and mix well.
- Transfer the pickle in a sterilized jar and pelt sugar-chillies mix over it.
- Close jar and set aside for twenty five to twenty eight days before consumption.