Chinpen Noodle Salad
- 2 medium Chicken Breast
- 1 Spring Onion (Shredded)
- 100 g Egg Noodles
- 1 medium Spinach (Shredded)
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Green Chili (Chopped, deseeded)
- 1 tbsp light Soy Sauce
- 1 medium Pickled Gherkin (Sliced)
- 5-6 Black Peppercorns
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seed Paste
- 1 ½ tbsp Malt Vinegar
- 1tsp Mustard Powder
- Heat up 3 cups of water, chicken breasts and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 min or till the chicken gets tender.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and allow it to stand in stock for another 15 min after which remove the chicken from the stock, let it cool down and then shred.
- After shredding reheat the chicken and bring it to boil. Add salt, 1 tbsp sesame oil and cook the noodles in the boiling stock for 4 min or until almost cooked.
- Remove the stock, drain and spread the noodles to cool. Mixed the cooked chicken with the noodles, shredded spring onion, spinach and sliced gherkin in a large mixing bowl and chill in a refrigerator.
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, chopped chili, crushed peppercorns, salt and the remaining sesame oil in a small bowl. Add the sesame paste and mustard powder and blend well.
- Toss in the chilled salad in the mustard/sesame paste dressing thoroughly, just before serving.