Coriander Coconut Chutney
- A small bunch of Fresh Coriander Leaves (roughly chopped)
- 2 cups Coconut (scraped)
- 5 Green Chillies (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Chana Dal
- 1 inch piece Ginger (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/2 tsp Skinless Split Black Gram (Dhuli Urad Dal)
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 5 Curry Leaves
- In a blender, take the scraped coconut, puffed Bengal gram, green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger and little water and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the paste and add sugar and salt to it and run the blender again.
- In a pan, heat some oil and add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add dhuli urad dal and cook till brown and add asafetida and curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the ground chutney and mix well.