- 4 medium Raw Mangoes (Kairi) (peeled and cut into thick slices)
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Panch Phoran (Saunf, Methi, Jeera, Kalonji, Rai)
- 2 Red Chillies
- 1 cup Sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat oil and add panch phoron and whole red chillies and stir till it crackles.
- Add the mango slices and sauté for a minute.
- Add r two cups of warm water to the mango slices followed by sugar.
- Cook on medium heat till the sugar melts and the consistency turns thick.
- Now add salt and stir again.
- In another pan, dry roast the remaining panch phoron and pound it to a powder.
- Remove the chutney from heat and allow it to cool.
- Add this powder on top and serve.