Amer Mishti Achar
- 4 medium Raw Mangoes (Kairi) (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger (paste)
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Sugar (powdered)
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1/2 cup Mustard Oil
- In a large bowl, take the raw mangoes and add sugar and salt to it and leave it in the sun till the mangoes turn tender and the sugar is melted.
- In a pan, heat mustard oil and add ginger paste, red chilli powder, mustard powder and the mango pieces with the sugar syrup and simmer in low heat till it achieves a thread like consistency.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Store the pickle in an airtight container.