Fish With Pear Chutney
- 500 g Indian Salmon Fish (fillets)
- 2 Pears (large)
- ½ tsp Red Chilies (crushed)
- ¼ tbsp White Pepper Powder
- ½ inch Ginger (paste)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 1 blade Mace
- 1 Star Anise
- ½ inch Cinnamon
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 tsp Raisins
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- Firstly chop one pear and puree the other one.
- Rub salt and lemon juice on the fish fillets and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Now mix half the ginger, coriander leaves, white pepper powder and salt.
- Rub the mixture on the fish fillets and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a wet cloth and put cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, star anise and mace, fold it tightly.
- Now put 1 cup water in the pan and put the spice potli.
- Add chopped pears, crushed red chilies, raisins and sugar.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add pear puree also and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook till it gets the consistency of chutney.
- Now fry the fillets evenly on both the sides.
- Take out in a plate and pour the chutney.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.