- 1 kg Raw Mangoes (Kairi) (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 6 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 kg Jaggery (Gur) (grated)
- 200 g Pickle Masala
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 100 g Split Mustard Seeds (Rai) (lightly roasted)
- 100 g Split Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) (lightly roasted)
- 100 g Split Coriander Seeds (Dhania) (lightly roasted)
- 300 g Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/4 cup Oil (smoked and cooled)
- To prepare the pickle masala, take some oil in a wok (kadhai) and heat it to a smoking point.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together mustard, coriander and fenugreek seeds together with turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida and oil and mix well.
- Store the masala in an airtight jar to be used later.