|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 pounds fresh Halibut (skinned and boned, reserving skin and bone)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ cup Cream
- 2 tbsp Sherry
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Pour water in a saucepan and place the fish skin and bones in it.
- Boil the water and continue cooking till it reduces to ½ cups.
- Strain the water and reserve it.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Cut the halibut into bite size pieces. Coat the pieces with flour.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat and melt butter.
- Fry the fish pieces till they are golden brown.
- Remove and transfer the fish to a baking dish, arranging the pieces in a single layer.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, salt and black pepper over the fish.
- Pour fish stock into the saucepan that was used for frying.
- Cook the stock for 5 minutes on medium heat. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Add cream and sherry. Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks till they are frothy.
- Add some fish sauce and mix well.
- Add the egg mixture back to the fish sauce. Whisk well.
- Pour the sauce over the fish in the baking dish.
- Bake the fish for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot in the baking dish.