Norwegian Almond Cake
|Calories Per Serving:
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1 2/3 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 cups Almonds (finely chopped)
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 2/3 cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2/3 cup Butter
- Place a saucepan over a pan of simmering water on low heat.
- Combine egg yolks and white sugar in the saucepan. Whisk well.
- Add heavy cream and stir.
- Cook the mixture till gets thick.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Stir to melt the butter and blend the mixture well.
- Cover the custard with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Take a glass or metal bowl and beat the egg whites with an electric mixer to form peaks.
- Mix almonds, baking powder and confectioners' sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg whites and mix until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake the batter for 30 minutes till the top of the cake springs back on pressing lightly.
- Remove and cool the cake in the pan.
- Remove the cake from the pan and spread the cooled custard on the top.