- 3/4 Cup any flavor fruit jam
- 4-1/2 Cups bread flour
- 1 Cup warm milk
- 1-1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup white sugar
- 2 Quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp Active dry yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Margarine, melted
- In a bread machine pan mix the milk, water, beaten egg, salt, melted butter, sugar, bread flour, nutmeg and yeast. Keep bread machine to the sweet dough cycle.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and cool it for ten minutes.
- Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness; then cut it into 2 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place jam in center of half of the prepared rounds.
- Moisten the edges with chill water; top with the remaining rounds.
- Place the doughnuts on a greased sheet and cover.
- Allow it to rise until doubled about 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in fryer to 175 degrees C and fry either layer of doughnuts at a time until golden brown.