Korean Crab Cakes
|Calories Per Serving:
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh Ginger (chopped)
- 2 tsp Asian Fish Sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1 (6 ounce) can Crabmeat (drained, flaked and cartilage removed)
- 3 ounces Shrimp (chopped)
- 1½ cups fresh Breadcrumbs (made from crustless French bread)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1½ tbsp Peanut Oil
- Combine together mayonnaise, cilantro, ginger and fish sauce in a medium bowl.
- Add in crab, shrimp and ½ cup breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Scatter he remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs on a plate or shallow bowl.
- Divide the crab mixture into 4 portions.
- Drop each portion into breadcrumbs and turn to coat evenly.
- Shape the portions into a circle or oval.
- Place a heavy skillet on medium heat and heat peanut oil.
- Cook the crab cakes for about 5 minutes on each side.
- When the cakes turn golden brown, remove and transfer on a serving plate.
- Serve hot.