Korean Soft Tofu Stew
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Korean Chile Powder
- 2 tbsp Beef (ground, optional)
- 1 tbsp Korean Soy Bean Paste (doenjang)
- 1 cup Water
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) package Korean Soon Tofu/ Soft Tofu (drained and sliced)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Green Onion (chopped)
- Place a large saucepan on medium heat and heat vegetable oil.
- Add Korean Chile powder and beef. Stir and cook till the beef turns crumble and evenly brown.
- Add soy bean paste and stir to coat the beef.
- Pour water and stir. Boil the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add tofu to the soup. Cook further to 1 to 2 minutes till the tofu is heated well.
- Remove the soup from heat and add the egg immediately, stirring gently to break the egg.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and green onion to garnish the soup.
- Serve hot.