Norwegian Flat Bread
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 1/3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Buttermilk (at room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Mix together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, vegetable oil, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add buttermilk, sufficient enough to make stiff dough.
- Flour a flat surface and knead the dough for 30 seconds.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth to prevent it from drying.
- Take ¼ cup handful of dough at a time and roll it into a ball. Pat it into a flat circle.
- Flatten the dough into a 10 inch circle using a rolling pin.
- Place the rolled dough on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Score the piece into pie shapes by running a knife along lightly, avoiding to pass through.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake the pieces for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Break them along the scored lines.
- Top with butter or cheese and serve hot.