|Calories Per Serving:
- 6 Egg Yolks (hard cooked)
- 6 Egg Yolks
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1½ cups Butter
- 3 cups Flour (sifted)
- 1 Egg White (slightly beaten)
- Sugar Crystals
- Mash the cooked egg yolks very finely.
- Add uncooked egg yolks, salt and sugar. Whisk to cream the contents well.
- Add butter alternating with flour, adding little at a time.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate till it becomes stiff.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Remove the dough and roll it into 5 inch long strips measuring ½ inch in diameter.
- Shape the strips into rings, crossing the ends.
- Dip each strip into beaten egg white and then into sugar crystals.
- Place the strips on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake the strips for 8 to 10 minutes.