|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- ¼ tsp Cloves (ground)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1½ tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Lemon Zest
- ¼ cup Hazelnuts (chopped)
- 1 tsp Brandy
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Take another large bowl and combine white sugar and eggs. Beat the mixture till it gets thick and light-colored.
- Add in lemon juice and lemon zest. Beat well.
- Add the flour mixture and blend the mixture well.
- Finally, add the hazelnuts and stir gently.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Remove and turn the dough onto a floured surface.
- Roll the dough measuring ½ inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies from the dough using 1½ inch round cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cover the cookies with clean towels and keep them undisturbed for about 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Turn the cookies over and add a drop of brandy in the center of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes till they are lightly colored.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.