German Plum Rolls
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Almonds (chopped)
- 1 1/3 cups Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 5/8 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Baking Powder
- 7/8 cup Plum Butter
- 1¾ pounds Plums (pitted and diced)
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan lightly.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and toast the almonds.
- Stir till they turn brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Take a large bowl and mix together cream cheese, milk, vegetable oil, salt, white sugar and cinnamon.
- Add in flour and baking powder. Knead the mixture to form smooth dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out the dough into a 20-inch square.
- Spread plum butter, plums and toasted almonds liberally over the dough.
- Roll the dough to form a jelly roll.
- Slice the rolled dough into 12 pieces.
- Carefully arrange the rolls in the pan.
- Brush the roll tops with butter.
- Bake the rolls for 40 to 55 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.