Grilled Zucchini Salad
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 lb Zucchini (scrubbed and trimmed)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 12 large fresh Mint Leaves (slivered)
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice (to taste)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Cumin (ground)
- ¼ tsp White Pepper
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Cut zucchini into ¼-inch slices length-wise.
- Brush each zucchini slice with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Season the slices with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the zucchini slices on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, till they are tender and well browned. Make sure to turn them over using tongs, while grilling.
- Remove and turn them onto a cutting board. Let them cool.
- Further cut each zucchini slice on the diagonal into ¼-inch strips.
- Place the strips into a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, mint, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cumin and white pepper. Toss the salad to evenly blend the strips.
- Serve at room temperature.