Moroccan Peach Roasted Chicken
|Calories Per Serving:
- ¼ cup Margarine/ Butter
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper (ground, to taste)
- 4 pounds bone-in Chicken Pieces (with skin)
- 1 pound fresh Peaches (pitted and sliced)
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- ½ cup Slivered Almonds (toasted, optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
- Combine margarine, honey, rose water, salt and black pepper in a glass measuring cup.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds on high to melt the margarine.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a baking dish.
- Pour the margarine sauce over the chicken.
- Stir the chicken to coat the pieces evenly.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered, in the oven for 15 minutes till the chicken pieces turn brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Add peaches and white sugar to the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces and transfer to a serving plate.
- Pour the juices of the pan on the chicken pieces.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and serve hot with white rice.