- 500 g Strawberries
- 1 kg Sugar
- 1/2 litre Water
- 1/4 tsp Sodium Benzoate
- 1 tbsp Citric Acid
- A few drops of Strawberry Essence
- In a pan, take half a litre of water and one kilogram sugar to make sugar syrup.
- Add citric acid to it for the scum to rise to the top.
- Strain the syrup through a muslin cloth to remove the impurities.
- Allow it to cool and add the remaining citric acid.
- In a blender, take the strawberries and crush them, taking care not to puree them.
- In a bowl, mix sodium benzoate with a little water and set aside.
- Add the sugar syrup and strawberry essence to the crushed strawberries and mix well.
- Add dissolved sodium benzoate to the mixture and mix again.
- Empty the contents in a glass jar.
- Allow it to cool before storing it away.