Finnish Flat Bread
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Shortening
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add shortening and mix till the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Add buttermilk and mix to form moist dough.
- Knead the dough for 3 to 5 minutes and place it in an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake the dough at 350 °F (175 °C) for 30 minutes till it turns golden.
- Remove and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan onto wire rack and cut into pieces.