Light Eggless Banana Cake
- 3 cups Cake Flour (sifted)
- 5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 375 ml Milk
- 2 cups Bananas (pureed)
- 125 g Margarine/ Butter (melted)
- ½ cup light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 320 °F (160 °C).
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk bananas, milk and butter together in a separate bowl.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla essence. Stir.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a rectangular Pyrex or oven roasting pan.
- Bake the batter for 20 to 30 minutes till the top of the cake turns lightly brown.