Turkish Coffee Ice Cream
|Calories Per Serving:
- ½ cups Water
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1½ cups Heavy Cream
- 1½ cups Milk
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 3 tbsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 tbsp Coffee (finely ground, optional)
- Combine water and white sugar in a saucepan on high flame.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Boil the water till the syrup turns clear.
- Pour the syrup into a double boiler.
- Add heavy cream and milk. Whisk till the syrup dissolves in the milk.
- Add egg yolks and instant coffee granules. Whisk till the mixture is completely incorporated.
- Simmer water in a pan.
- Place the double boiler over the simmering pan.
- Stir and cook till the custard thickens and sticks to the back of the spoon, for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Add ground coffee and stir.
- Refrigerate the custard for several hours till it turns cold.
- Remove and pour the custard into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.