- 1½ cups Sugar
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 kg Brinjal
- ¾ cup Oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic (large)
- 2 inch Ginger Piece
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 cups Vinegar
- Wash and chop brinjals into small pieces.
- Skin and cut (coarsely) garlic & ginger
- For about 1 hour soak spices in vinegar and then grind it.
- Fry ground spices in oil for 3- 4 minutes.
- Now add salt, sugar and brinjal; stir it well.
- Sauté it in medium heat, until the mixture thickens and brinjal turns soft.
- Set it aside and allow it to cool.
- Transfer the mixture into a clean jar.
- Enjoy it with hot steamed rice, chappatis or rotis.