- 250ml Vinegar
- 250ml Water
- 250g Sugar
- 1 Green Papaya (unripe)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 6 tsp Bird's Eye Chili
- Peel and chop the papaya into halves.
- Now remove the seeds.
- Make thin slices; place it in a mixing bowl.
- Allow the mixture to marinate in salt for about an hour.
- Remove excess liquid and add water, sugar and vinegar; simmer it for 15 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and set it aside; allow it to cool.
- Add bird's eye chili powder and papaya slices in a glass jar.
- Mix vinegar syrup and allow the mixture to marinate for about 3 hours.
- Story pickle in a jar and refrigerate in for an extra crunchy taste.
- Serve it with chapatis, roti or boiled rice.