- 2 Egg plant
- 1 Cup yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Inch piece ginger, peeled
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 Small red onion
- 1 tsp Dry roasted and ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Small bunch of coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Make one small cut on the side of each aubergine (Baingan) helping steam to escape and stop the aubergine from bursting during roasting.
- Smear oil on the aubergine and roast in a grill, keep turning over frequently for thirty minutes or till it becomes very soft to touch.
- Allow it to cool.
- Peel the skin off and remove the stalks.
- Now place the flesh with all other ingredients in a food processor and process until blends and mixed well. But, donot turns them into a paste.
- Add the mix to the yoghurt and fold it in.
- Garnish with a few coriander leaves (chopped) and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve cool.