|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 (16 oz) package firm Tofu
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh Ginger Root (minced)
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup frozen Peas (thawed)
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 cup fresh Tomatoes (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 fresh Jalapeno Pepper (chopped)
- Place the tofu in a colander and cover it with a plate.
- Weigh it down using a skillet or any heavy object.
- Allow the tofu to drain for 30 minutes.
- Thereafter, freeze the tofu for 24 hours.
- Remove the tofu from the freezer and defrost it.
- Mince the tofu and keep aside.
- Place a large skillet on medium flame and heat vegetable oil.
- Add cumin seeds, sauté till they splutter.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic. Cook till they turn brown.
- Add in tofu, peas and curry powder. Stir frequently and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and salt.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 15 minutes.
- Finally, add the chopped jalapeno pepper and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with naan or rice.