No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Butter
- ½ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 cup semisweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- Grease a 9x9 inch square pan.
- Place a large saucepan on medium flame and melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add oats and stir well.
- Cook the mixture on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes till the ingredients are well blended.
- Transfer half the mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan, reserving the other half for topping, and press firmly to set in.
- Place a small heavy saucepan on low flame and melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir frequently till the mixture turns smooth.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the crust and even it out using a knife or the back of the spoon.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture and place it over the chocolate layer. Press in gently.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Return the cake to room temperate before cutting into bars.