Acorn Magic Delights
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Butter (melted)
- ¾ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1½ cups Pecans (finely chopped)
- 2½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Combine butter, brown sugar, ¾ cup pecans and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Beat well to blend the ingredients.
- Mix together flour and baking powder separately.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Place the balls on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten the cookies slightly to prevent them from rolling off.
- Slightly pinch the tops of the balls to give them an acorn-like appearance.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes till they turn firm.
- Remove the cookies from the sheets and place them wire racks to cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler. Stir frequently to smoothen.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip the pointy ends of the cookies into the melted chocolate and then into ¾ cup pecans.
- Place the cookies on waxed paper to set.