Coconut-Lime Cheesecake With Mango Coulis
|Calories Per Serving:
- ¾ cup sweetened flaked Coconut
- ¾ cup Gingersnap Cookies (crushed)
- 3 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 (8 oz) packages Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 (10 oz) can sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Lime Zest
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Coconut Extract
- 2 cups fresh Mango (cubed)
- 1 tsp White Sugar (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (165 °C).
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan lightly.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine together flaked coconut, gingersnap cookies and butter. Mix well till it is evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan.
- Bake the crust for about 10 minutes till it is browned and set.
- Remove and keep it aside to cool down.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 °F (150 °C).
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl to smoothen it.
- Pour the condensed milk into the cheese and mix with an electric beater set on medium-low.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat the mixture after each addition. Stop in between to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Reserve half of the cream cheese mixture in a separate bowl.
- Add lime juice and lime zest into the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the crust. Smooth it out.
- Add coconut extract to the reserved cream cheese mixture. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture over the lime-flavored batter and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake the mixture for 45 minutes till the top of the cheesecake springs back when pressed gently.
- Leave the cheesecake in the oven till it cools down completely. Keep the door of the oven slightly open.
- Refrigerate the cake until completely chilled.
- Puree mango and sugar to a smooth mixture. Add water, if required, to form a pourable consistency.
- Drizzle the coulis over the cheesecake.
- Serve chilled.