Potato Soup With Gravlax Rosettes
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 Russet Potatoes (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 6 tbsp Mascarpone Cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice (or to taste)
- 4 (1 oz) slices Smoked Salmon (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh Chives (chopped)
- Place a saucepan on low heat and melt butter.
- Add potatoes and onions. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes till the onion becomes translucent.
- Increase the flame to medium and pour vegetable broth. Boil the liquid.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover the saucepan. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes till the potatoes turn tender.
- Puree the mixture through a food mill and return back to the saucepan. Discard any remainders in the food mill.
- Simmer the pureed soup on medium-low flame.
- Add 6 tbsp of mascarpone cheese. Whisk well.
- Add salt, black pepper and lemon juice. Stir.
- Preheat oven to 200 °F (95 °C).
- Heat 4 oven-safe soup plates in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Roll a slice of smoked salmon into a rose and pinch the roll at the bottom. Thereafter, fan the roll out at the top.
- Repeat with the remaining salmon slices.
- Place a rosette of salmon into the bottom of each warmed soup plate.
- Pour the soup over the rosette.
- Drizzle ½ tbsp of mascarpone cheese over the soup.
- Sprinkle chives and serve immediately.