Rich Danish Waffles
|Calories Per Serving:
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 tsp Baking Soda
- 9 Eggs (separated)
- 1½ cups Buttermilk
- 1½ cups Milk
- 3 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Butter (melted)
- Combine together flour, white sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Stir to blend well.
- Take another large bowl and combine egg yolks, buttermilk, milk, vanilla extract and butter. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk egg whites in a small bowl to form soft peaks.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture. Mix to blend well.
- Add in the egg whites and stir well.
- Preheat a Belgian waffle iron and coat with cooking spray.
- Spoon ½ cup of the batter on the center of the waffle iron.
- Close the lid and cook till the steam stops coming out and the waffle turns golden brown, for about 90 seconds.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.