Eggs with Tomato on Toast
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 5 Canned Tomatoes
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 pinch Peperoncini (minced)
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh Basil (chopped)
- 4 slices White Bread
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Break open eggs and keep each yolk separately combining it with 2 whites in a cup.
- Keep the remaining 2 whites in the refrigerator for another use.
- Heat up a skillet and fry the mixture of garlic, peperoncini and oregano; simmer it for about 2 minutes until garlic begins to fry.
- Crush tomatoes into the pan and raise the heat.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Toast until the water is absorbed.
- Lower the heat and add basil; stir in the egg whites.
- Make 4 indentations in the sauce and slip off the egg yolk using the back of a spoon.
- Add sauce to the edges of the pan around each egg yolks.
- Cover the skillet and warm the yolks for about 3 minutes.
- Now gently remove sauce and yolk onto each piece of toast.
- Enjoy immediately.