- 4 Bunches fresh small beets, stems removed
- 2 Medium heads belgian endive
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Dried thyme, crushed
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Pound spring lettuce mix
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Layer the beets lightly with oil and roast until tender. Allow cooling, then peel and dice.
- For the dressing, place honey, mustard, lemon, vinegar and thyme in a blender.
- While blender is running, add 1/2 cup of oil. Mix salt and pepper to taste.
- Put spring lettuce and mix in a salad bowl, pour dressing over greens, and toss to coat.
- Rinse and tear off whole leaves of endive, and pat dry.
- Arrange 3 leaves on each plate.
- Distribute dressed salad greens among them, and top with feta cheese and diced beets.