Puerto Rican Pork Roast
|Calories Per Serving:
- 8 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 1/4 cup Black Pepper
- 2 tsp fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 pound Pork Picnic Roast
- 4 Yucca (Cassava) roots (peeled and sliced)
- Blend the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and olive in a food processor until smooth.
- Make small incisions into the ham and insert the garlic paste into them.
- Put the ham into a roaster and cover. Bake for 1 ½ hours in an oven preheated at 220 degrees C.
- Boil water in a large pot and place the yucca in it. Cook till the roots are tender, and drain.
- Serve the roots with the roast.