Mexican Fried Rice
- For the Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Uncooked Rice
- 3 tbsp Oil
For the Vegetables
- 2 White Onions (sliced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 Capsicum (sliced)
- 1 cup mixed Boiled Vegetables (French Beans, Carrots, Green Peas)
- 6 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Begin by washing the rice and soaking it for around half an hour. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry rice until it turns light pink.
- Bring to a boil 3 cups of water and boil the rice until cooked.
- Heat the 6 tablespoons of oil in a large wok and fry the onions until they turn golden brown.
- Add the crushed garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Then, add the turmeric powder and fry the onions and garlic for a few more seconds.
- Get the onions and garlic out of the wok, and in the remaining oil, fry the capsicum for a minute or so.
- Now, add the mixed boiled vegetables, tomato, chilli powder and salt and fry again for a minute or until cooked.
- Add the rice, the fried onions and garlic and stir-fry until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Serve hot.