Black Walnut Cake
- 1/2 Cup chopped black walnuts
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Cup milk
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup shortening
- 3 Cups sugar
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 5 Eggs
- In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening, butter and sugar until light.
- Beat the eggs, add the baking powder, flour and cinnamon; pour-stir into the creamed mixture.
- Now, stir in the vanilla and walnuts, and pour into the pan.
- Bake the dish for two hours at 350 degree F. All the cake to cool and then place it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Black Walnut Cake is ready to serve.