- 2 lb Cleaned and trimmed octopus
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 8 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Coarse salt
- Preheat grill to high. If it gets over heated, lower the heat and bring to medium.
- Rub off red skin of the octopus.
- Chop the octopus body into quarters leaving the legs whole.
- Dip the pieces under cold water. Rinse and blot dry.
- You can directly place the legs onto the grill.
- Smear the grill top with grape seed oil.
- Arrange the cut pieces on the grill and cook.
- Turn every minute until the pieces are well cooked on all sides.
- Chop the cooked octopus into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a bowl.
- Mix lemon juice, oregano, vinegar, parsley and salt together.
- Pour the mixture over the octopus and toss to mix.
- Marinate the octopus for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Serve it with lemon wedges.