- 1 Large head broccoli
- 1 Pound spaghetti
- 2 Cups meat shredded
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Cook one pound spaghetti as per the label directions.
- Drain and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Cut and peel broccoli stalk and slice it thinly crosswise.
- Chop the remaining portion of the broccoli into small florets.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add broccoli, garlic and half the salt.
- Simmer till the garlic turns light brown and the broccoli become tender.
- Add the shredded chicken, pasta, pasta water, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle with the oil.
- Serve Broccoli Spaghetti with crispy garlic bread.