Cauliflower, Broccoli, Mustard Soup
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic (chopped)
- ½ tsp English Mustard Powder
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Broccoli
- 1 ltr Vegetable Stock
- 1 Potato (peeled, cubed)
- 1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 4 tbsp Fraiche
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Bread Crumbs
- 200 g Cheddar Cheese (thickly grated)
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onion and cook until transparent.
- Add garlic and mustard powder. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Steam the cauliflower & broccoli until tender, and add to the onion, along with vegetable stock and potato.
- Cook well until the potato is done.
- Puree the mixture in a blender.
- Transfer the puree back into the pan and put it for cooking.
- Add mustard & fraiche, boil on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Flavor with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with grated cheese in the center of the soup, topped up with bread crumbs.